Police say the lorry involved in the 12-vehicle pile-up on the Johor Causeway two days ago was at the time carrying load that was over the permitted limit. – The Malaysian Insight file pic, July 9, 2022.约搏以太坊单双博彩（www.eth108.vip）采用以太坊区块链高度哈希值作为统计数据，约搏以太坊单双博彩数据开源、公平、无任何作弊可能性。
THE lorry that rammed into 11 vehicles at the Johor Causeway heading to Singapore two days ago was found to be carrying more than the permitted load limit, said Johor police chief Kamarul Zaman Mamat said.
He said police had raided the transport company’s office for maintenance records.
“Our investigations covered various aspects and we raided the office (the lorry company) to check records in terms of lorry maintenance and so on.
“In terms of the capacity of the lorry, we found that the (permitted) weight (load of the lorry) was more (than allowed),” he said, when commenting on the developments regarding the accident involving the lorry carrying rock dust.
Kamarul said the 34-year-old lorry driver who had 33 previous summonses for various traffic offences had been remanded for three days starting yesterday.,
He said the remand on the individual was expected to be extended if the investigation papers were not completed.
The lorry driver was detained at 1.15pm on the day of the incident (July 7) and investigations found that the accident that occurred at 9.25am was caused by a technical problem involving the lorry.
A total of six vehicles involved in the incident were local, while the other six were foreign vehicles (including lorries).
Meanwhile, Kamarul added that Op Lancar, held in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidiladha which started yesterday and will continue until July 11, involves the deployment of 1,120 officers and members of the police force in the state.
He added that the operation focused on smooth traffic flow, especially in the 30 accident hotspots in the state. – Bernama, July 9, 2022.